The Catalan Institute of America is an American membership organization dedicated to strengthening the bonds between Catalonia and the United States. Based in Manhattan, the Catalan Institute works to celebrate Catalan culture, language and heritage throughout America.
The Catalan Institute of America’s main purpose is to serve as a strong advocate for the Catalan-American community. In addition, the Catalan Institute serves as a meeting point for everyone who has an interest in Catalan language and culture in the United States.
Since its inception, the Catalan Institute of America has been instrumental in:
- Creating a visible Catalan presence within American civil society.
- Promoting Catalan culture and heritage in the New York City area.
- Facilitating a Catalan-American business network.
- Providing guidance for newly arrived Catalans in the United States.
- Fostering a sense of community among Catalan-Americans and Catalan expatriates.
- Providing Catalan language instruction in Manhattan.
The Catalan Institute of America is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization incorporated in the State of New York. In addition, the Catalan Institute has been officially recognized as a Catalan Overseas Community (Comunitat Catalana de l’Exterior) by the Catalan Government.